MAC VPN is another Layer 2 Ethernet network that I’m going to start covering in this blog. I have a bunch of different things that I’m going to cover
I’ve heard it called the “next new thing”
I need to cover :
Read more... (209 words, estimated 50 secs reading time)
- EVPN Architecture and Benefits
- Pros and cons of EVPN versus VPLS
- Pros and cons of EVPN versus OTV
- Pros and cons of EVPN versus PBB and that whole debacle
- H-EVPN (hierarchical)
- EVPN Scaling / Resiliency
- EVPN to 4761 VPLS Interconnections
- EVPN to 4762 VPLS Interconnections
- A couple enhancements / changes I would like
So John has said he’s going to divide Cisco up into 5 different divisions.
Read more... (2244 words, estimated 8:59 mins reading time)
- Core Routing / Switching and services
- Collaboration (webex)
- Data Center virtualization & Cloud
- Anda and Telco Systems
- Hatteras and Overature.
I did an RFP for all 4 of these corporations in reviewing our requirements for a NID, Network Interface Device. Plus a couple more that are still on the market.
- Sprint & Nextel
- ATT & TMobil
- Global Crossing & Level 3
Consolidations in the marketplace have been needed in the carrier market for a LONG TIME. I think everybody was just wondering when it would happen. Well we know about the ISP / carrier market now. I still suspect that a couple more will happen. Read more... (511 words, estimated 2:03 mins reading time)
Today is 4/21/11 the day that skynet was supposed to launch it’s attack against mankind. It’s also the day after 4/20 Hitler’s birthday and pot smokers everywhere day to get stoned and yell about legalization of Marijuana. Well maybe not yell. Hey, who’s got the Doritos?
Could Cloud computing be the future Skynet, will it ever awaken and start eliminating all of the biological viruses that exist around it. Will it ever actually just make sense to put stuff into the cloud? Read more... (378 words, 1 image, estimated 1:31 mins reading time)
Everybody is talking about exit strategies these days. At least here in the corporate America “rat race”. How you get into a position seems to be a lot easier than getting out of a position. I’ve heard exit strategy used 4 different ways today.
- John Legere’s exit from CEO of a global company to what? It’s public knowledge that he owns 800k + shares of Global Crossing which will become 12,800,000 shares of Level Three… at $4 a share, well he probably doesn’t have to work any more. Now I like that exit strategy. Read more... (599 words, estimated 2:24 mins reading time)